ISG, a West Michigan based locally owned technology service company, seeks a highly motivated, professional Senior Systems Consultant. This customer–facing role will be responsible for strategic business analysis, business continuity, design, implementation and support of recommended solutions to ISG customers. Solutions are often based on key Microsoft systems, Cisco based network routing and switching, and primarily HP server and storage environments. Virtualization, datacenter and WAN experience desired.
Bachelors in a computer related field, or relevant experience and other formal training. Hands-on experience with Microsoft Server enterprise systems (design, implementation, and enhancement) is required. Solid understanding of Cisco based networking.
- Extensive experience in Advanced Microsoft Infrastructure components (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, Exchange Server, MSSQL Server, SharePoint, Small Business Server, ISA, Mobility Information Server, Microsoft Operations Manager, Forefront)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in high availability solutions including clustered server and storage environments
- Solid understanding of Cisco based networking and distributed computing concepts, including principles of firewall, network routing and switching, VPN, and client/server configurations.
- Cisco Unified Communications preferred
- Extensive of knowledge in enterprise back-up and anti-virus solutions, including Symantec Backup Exec, Antivirus and McAfee suites preferred
- Virtualization technologies, including VMWare & Microsoft
- Experienced and strong troubleshooting skills, excellent communication habits, and professional technical writing and documentation skills
- Pre-sales consultation with ISG Account Representatives and customers
- Design, plan and implement information technology and security strategies that align with client's business goals
- Support and troubleshoot Windows Server based IT networks. Work on-site and remotely to diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity, and overall functionality
- Design, setup and configure Windows-based application servers and .NET servers. Setup and evaluate various information services and applications
- Support and manage VPN and point to point high-speed Internet connections
- Plan and implement migrations and upgrades Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL, and Exchange Server all versions
- Create on-going documentation of customer environment as it evolves
This job has some special requirements. You must possess a private driver’s license and undergo a reference or security check.
Submit to mailto:Resume@goisg.com